Friday, July 19, 2013

Let's help each other have "Grump Free" days

 


  This morning, as I was wrapping up my morning perusal of my PLN on Twitter, I read a tweet from +Darin Johnston, @anIowaTeacher. He was looking for a bit of positive inspiration to help him have a "grump free" day.  While I am not typically a cheerleader type, I am more analytical and want to figure out a way to solve the problems in life; I do see the value in helping each other through the rough spots.

     So, I sent Darin a Voltaire quote. "Life is a shipwreck but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats. " ~Voltaire   In retrospect, this quote is rather negative. It implies that life is horrible, but we must try to enjoy it.  LIFE IS GREAT!  We need to support each other!
In the movie For a Few Good Men, Colonel Jessup, a foul-mouthed Marine Commander posted on the Cuban border, played brilliantly by Jack Nicholson said, "We look after one another or we die. In the world of education, teachers don't literally die as soldiers do. They do choose other occupations. Supporting and encouraging each other is simply part of what we do. We commiserate; we attempt to understand and encourage.

     So, after thinking about my initial response to Darin, I sent a positive song by Chelsea Basham.  "I Make My Own Sunshine" http://youtu.be/wJNFF_N5ngs
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/wJNFF_N5ngs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Because, if a little snail named Turbo can win the Indy 500-we can make our own sunshine!


No comments:

Post a Comment